Sunday, August 23, 2009

WELCOME

I finally made it here...you are welcome to share my thoughts and wishes here.Got a lot of them,I tell you...from what I see on the streets,on T.V,meeting people...too much to share(at least,I'll stop complaining to myself).

Yea...and I'm Renée(which means Reborn/Rebirth).I hope you join me here everytime I have something to share,to read and contribute...

Just a little about myself...I'm in my early 20's(close to the mid years),I speak English,French and my native dialect fluently...Looking for someone to put me through the beginner-level of spanish so that I can improve on the language myself...ummm,and I would really love to visit Paris soon.

I have a lot of wishes like every young adult...but you never get most of them in reality especially if you live in a third world country like I do.A peep into my most wanted wish....I would really love to correct my bow legs through surgery but there isn't a single hospital that is ready to take up such a herculian task(I can't believe its such a big deal)for someone my age in the country where I reside.The gist is that there are only 3 major orthopaedic hospitals in my country,and as such,they only attend to critical situations and not cosmetic cases like mine(how on earth will someone consider the correction of a limb deformity cosmetic).But,I'm looking elsewhere though...guess where?Indiaaaaa!!!!!

I am really amazed at the enormous development India has achieved in the Medical,Pharmaceutical,Information technology fields etc...and whats more,the prices charged are very competitive and reasonable compared to other parts of the world with the same level of advancement.I searched endlessly online for a solution to limb deformities like bowed legs,knocked knees etc in adults and found just a few things...I found a forum called www.indiaparenting.com where I was shocked at the number of young adults and older people alike living helplessly with the condition.I also concluded that one can never truly get over wanting to have normal legs irrespective of age,as I found even women in their 50s who still wanted to get their legs straightened.Its amazing how those with normal legs dont understand what you have to contend with everyday(you have problems shopping for clothes and shoes as you have to always think of hiding the shape of your legs,and if you are like me,who always have pains after walking a few metres).

You are invited to share your thoughts and invite others to do so as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, its amazing how big of a difference an ocean away can be. Have you ever thought of joining the military? Or can you move somewhere else? Maybe a job with benefits? I think your story should be heard! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal...I'm already considering going to study in France soon but that will depend on how things work out financially.Its a good way to see how things are done in other parts of the world and the contributions one can also make.Thanks for popping in!!!

    ReplyDelete