Thursday, September 3, 2009

HOW TO RAISE MONEY FOR COLLEGE EDUCATION


I have really been thinking about going to college for a while now but considering my present financial situation...I honestly do not know how to go about raising all the money needed.

Here is my story...I graduated from high school about 9years ago(at the age of 15...yea,I was quite outstanding).I got into university the following year,2001,to study PHARMACY(10-semester course) but I opted to leave after 2 semesters due to the fact that there were no well-equipped laboratories,the theoretical courses were not well organised and above all,I discoverd that the university was not accredited by the government to offer pharmacy as a course of study.

After trying for a while to get into university,in 2005,I decided to go back to my first love...languages.I studied french at the french language village and Alliance Française in my country for two years and a half(I spent 8months at the language village where I obtained a diploma in French and spent 22months at Alliance Française where I obtained a diploma in Executive Bilingual Secretarial Administration and some other foreign language certifications like the Diplôme de Français des Affaires from the Paris Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Diplôme de Hautes Etudes-Version Traduction from the Alliance Française of Paris).

Now,I will like to go to a university in France(hopefully,the famous Université Paris Sorbonne IV or Université Marc Bloch,Strasbourg II)to study Applied Foreign Languages(LEA) but I do not have enough money.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can raise funds to make this dream of going to a university come true?Please,take the following into consideration when giving your suggestions:

-I am African,and there are no student loans available in my country.

-I do not qualify for a grant or scholarship from the french government as I will be going for an undergraduate course.

-Fundraising programmes(dinners,church fundraisers etc)are not too realistic where I live.

-Tuition is almost free in french universities(about 180€ for undergraduate courses and 197€ for social security).But accommodation and feeding is where all the money goes(a budget of 800€ for Paris and 600€ for the provinces).

-The only source of income and savings I have is from my present job!!!

I will really appreciate all your help and suggestions as I am hoping to submit an application with the French Embassy in my country when they start receiving applications before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment